Friday, June 29, 2007

golden compass

well having kvetched about religion for a few blogs I want to say I am looking forward to see the Movie the Golden Compass a world in which ones daemon lives in the material world with one and works magic with one... A world dominated by a theocratic religion and with a girl-child as a savior and heroine..on there website one may find out the species of one's daemon...the daemon in this world is always the opposite in sex...I have been waiting to buy the books at the science fiction book club....Now I will wait until I see the movie... On monday I watched the new stephen king movie it was enjoyable as stephen king can be... Nothing is more frightening than his book in the 80's I stopped reading him because one of his books could induce insomnia and I need to sleep to go to work n' school or that is what I told myself when The Shining or the was it The Stand made his books verboten....Nothing could be more terrrifiying that when the Rock star character left a desolate and empty New York walking through the Lincoln tunnel unlite and full of rotting corpses. Or when the little boy would look and see the topiary garden change shape in scary quiet ways... So sitting and watching John Cusack go mano amano with a creepy hotel room was a joy... Merrie part from the hinterland and blessed be.

No comments: