Friday, June 08, 2007

JOY OF MOVEMENT

Kneel and Kiss the Ground (yoga dreams) I wish not to kneel I want to raise my arms upward in exhaltation I wish to bow and touch the ground I want to touch the heavens with my palms
I wish to lay prostrate on the earth I want to dissolve into the earth Be part of her pregnant beauty
I wish to hail the night sky I want to exhalt the cosmos Be a one of starlight I want to root my feet into the earth I want to sail my heart unto the moon May my body bridge the immanent and the trancedent Cleansing my soul before all consciousness and all existence. 5-8-07 Sophia M There has only been 3 activities I have done in life where I have almost felt A one with existence as though the I of Sonia left and the we of existence had entered me and none of those activities were meditation or ritual..They were long-distance running, long distance Backpacking and yoga..Long distance running was a lesson in ecstasy, the glory of movement and the joy discipline, Long distance backpacking was the experience of mindfulness and experience the physical world in the now and the beauty of mindfullness and patience, endurance and a sense accomplishment in the now. Melded with the beauty of nature and the Mother., Yoga after years of illness is a return into the body and joy of movement and the wonder of a recovering body..I suppose that when it comes to spiritual experiences I am a physical and hands on girl>that is probably why being a pagan is so rewarding a religious vocation to me... It is a hands on religion in interaction in a physical sense is demanded from drumming to dancing up energy it demands action instead of observing liturgy and trying to decipher church slavonic...Like when I am driving down the street passing inane signs of dubious spiritual value I will break out in gratitude and Sing THANK GODDESS I AM A PAGAN GIRL..

No comments: