Monday, March 24, 2008

in memorian

Well tragedy hit after circle this weekend when we returned home and our tuxedo cat Loki was dead in the road. My husband took it badly, very badly poor man. He buried him near our driveway because Loki loved stretch out and sun himself on it or on top of the van. I put a huge clay pot we have on top of it and I am going to plant forget- me- nots in it. Also stencil his name and the date of his crossing over. He was a good cat.
There is something that always causes the intellectual side of me to become infantilized when tragedy strikes especially when there has been months of hardship going on. I begin to wonder if I am cursed and I get stupidly superstious or I start to lose faith in my Goddess, or I wonder if I have offended the gods in anyway. When reason comes back I realise that this is Loki's karma playing out or maybe all the hardship and tragedy is bleep on a universal energy grid and instead of another family biting the bullet it is my little family doing so.
His picture is fuzzy because I could never catch him sitting still.

No comments: