Monday, March 17, 2008

old reverberrations

in uganda a poor man had his house burned down because his neighbor's children accused him of being a witch. the neighbors were evangelicals and the man was a local herbalist...before going on and on about the evils of fundies and missionary work. I need to stop and say that I know the children are the cause of this. Just like the girls were guilty in Salem. But they were the first part of the crime. With the children it most probably started as an innocent lie. I was hanging around so and so Mr. Witches house because he impelled me to instead of I was curious. The poor man is in police custody but it sounds as though it is for protection than to prosecute for a crime I have seen many children drawn to good and bad simply because a parent believed with a stout heart and closed mind that it was bad for their child. Right now in the heartland at Waldenbooks there is no New Age or Metaphysical section, Barnes and Nobles is much smaller and not publishing pagan books, and borders section is smaller also. It seems as though christian literature and manga are pushing pagan themed and studies books out of these stores. It might be a small trend that will go away but if not I will have lost a good place to pick up a book without travelling to another town were the metaphysical store is.

No comments: