Saturday, March 10, 2007

In praise of oldness or tgio (thank goddess i am old)

this morning I have been listening to music as I surf the net. I discover a new rock band last year from Ark. Evanescance I love a song called Immortal...Evanescence is a band that captured well the angst attended with youth and continues in adulthood. I have to say I was a angsty youth very angry and military service does not beat it out of your system... Yeah it will teach you how to make your bed with nice square but to the angst ridden it only leaves you with a taste for revenge for the powers that be and to question authority....But you can save alot of money for college tuition if you do not get your butt shot off.. The service, I do not call it the corps it was like voluntary jail time that only a teenager would sign up for hoodwinked by conservative parents...It will make a man/woman out of them....Yeah and pigs fly you spend your adulthood recovering from it... The song immortal reminds me of that time. The song it gives me sloppy sentimental memories of first love and attended sorrow of a great unrequited love.... It is the ones that reject us that leave the biggest mark on the psyche and not the one you just fail to hook up with...I would not give anything to be young in fact I look forward to old age....I have an aversion to youth....I would rather spend my life in middle age....A time that even after screwing up badly, I am getting too old and tired and do not have the energy to worry like I did in my youth... we need a movie In Praise of Oldness we need a new word to call the period...Thank you it is over, is to long and has not enough punch to it describe the relief and contentment one has when they realize they have survived to be in their forties.....

No comments: